YouTube Video Index — A list of all of my videos: http://poolmandave.blogspot.com/2014/03/swimming-pool-tips-reviews-how-to-video.html
How Much Chlorine do I Add to My Pool?: http://youtu.be/sAbQO1F_7Z0
How to Check the Cyanuric Acid (Conditioner) Level : http://youtu.be/jHzMslp6Yj0
Liquid Chlorine Pool Sanitizer: http://youtu.be/NqJsuCqH42w
Pool Shock, Cal Hypo: http://youtu.be/Gk_7olejkwM
Trichlor 3″ Chlorinating Tablets: http://youtu.be/mq58LXe0v-4
Dichlor Pool Sanitizer: http://youtu.be/E_gzrF1xORg
Kem-Tek Super Shock Quick, Trichlor Shock: http://youtu.be/-yFD2C5htQQ
1) Pool Test Kit: Chlorine, PH and Acid Demand: http://youtu.be/mKD7fphxWJI
2) For chemicals to use in your pool see this video: http://youtu.be/eZeqg2O4hJo
3) To calculate your pool volume (how many gallons):http://youtu.be/ybenKQ1Z5dQ
4) To learn about Conditioner: http://youtu.be/OLDVjtL2NcQ
5) Shocktrine: Burning eyes and cloudy water: http://youtu.be/RY40vgJo6Nc
6) For Black Algae Treatment: http://youtu.be/qga1ZxU6m6U
7) For removing Yellow & Mustard Algae: http://youtu.be/mrZqMCiGtnc
8) For GREEN pool clean-up: http://youtu.be/ydIysBIHhWo
9) For Fiberglass Spa chemicals: http://youtu.be/nYAJBWKxMPs
10) Chemicals for Colored Plaster, Vinyl, Fiberglass pools http://youtu.be/aUGlDfzQAiM
11) For High Alkalinity, how to lower Alkalinity: http://youtu.be/dD7B3QzCNdc
12) Pentair Rainbow 300 Chlorinator.http://youtu.be/GjYQYJheaJo
13) Soda Ash, PH UP: http://youtu.be/xbN4h1WTm2U
14) Alkalinity UP, Baking Soda: http://youtu.be/76wQeC4k-hc
15) Muriatic Acid, pH Down: http://youtu.be/HN11nOOCvG4
16) Basic Swimming Pool Care: http://youtu.be/utWnf7EqxT0
17) Cloudy Pool Water, Causes and Cures: http://youtu.be/R2of9Kg8PV4
18) How To Test & Adjust Calcium Hardness in a Pool : http://youtu.be/qArcEmqMUKo
This video describes in detail how to use Trichlor tablets. I go over the use, chemistry and other details a pool owner should know. If your Chlorine level is zeroed out, you must shock the pool, tablets release chlorine as they melt and won’t raise the chlorine level by themselves.
Trichlor is a powerful sanitizer that works by releasing chlorine into your pool as the tablets slowly dissolve.
They contain acid so if they get on the pool bottom they will leave a nice 3″ circular stain which isn’t nice. If you have a fiberglass or vinyl pool the acid demand is lower so these tablets will cause the PH to drop to corrosive levels. Have Soda Ash (PH Up) on hand to raise the PH in those types of pools. For a normal plaster pool the tablets will lower your PH, but you will still need to add acid in most cases.
Do not put tablets in the skimmer as explained in the video, long periods of tablet use in the skimmer will damage your equipment.
The tablets do have a Stabilizer in them so you will probably not need to add Conditioner to a pool that uses tablets all year round.
Store the buckets outside as they will cause corrosion of metal if stored in a shed or garage. If you buy a good quality brand the containers are water proof. I have seen cheap ones let water in, and if that happens the gas inside is extremely toxic ( akin to Mustard Gas in fact). So don’t let water into the bucket of tablets.
Floaters will wear out due to the acid in the tablets, so be careful and check them fro cracks on the bottom. Generally, you want a good chlorine level of 3.0 to prevent Yellow, Black and Mustard Algae from blooming. You may still get Algae, but it will brush off easily. When a pool zeros out on Chlorine the Algae will be very hard to brush off.
I use tablets all year round on my customers pools. You can put one in the floater or off-line Chlorinator and it will maintain the chlorine level even in cold water. You really don’t need much chlorine anyway when the water is below 60 degrees. In the Summer I stick 3-4 in every week in the average pool.
Not all brands are the same. You get what you pay for.
Mrdgvb1 Social Media Links:
Google +: https://plus.google.com/b/107735343574734346096/
Video Rating: / 5